Sunday 31 August 2014

Stream of ideas exercise

In a fevered dream I saw myself hurled through time at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, I couldn't remember the words to my favourite song, so I hummed the melody but alas, I was out of key. A dog was there, who did not bark but instead yodelled, searchingly, longingly, as though it would help; it did not. Eventually I came upon a wizened old woman who, in place of her eyes, had liquorice allsorts, she enquired as to my wants and I told her I only wanted respite from a world gone sane, she offered only clichés and crumpets for an answer. Then she got on a motorcycle and flew downwards into the ground, I decided not to eat the crumpet she had given me. From where I had thrown the crumpet down, there erupted a mechanical dragon who berated me for littering and who then exploded, knocking me out. When I came to, I found that my legs had ran away whilst I had been asleep. Luckily, there was a spare set in my trunk and so, with my new legs attached, I set off once again. A passing cloud shouted an insult at me, I jumped up and punched him in his cloud face and was then arrested by the cloud police. A cumulus was brought in to defend me but as the afternoon wore on, he began to precipitate which spoilt all his notes for the defence and so I shot the judge and ran out the court doors, which was stupid, because I was in sky-court and fell. As I was about to hit the ground, I remembered I could fly, so I did. But then I remembered that I couldn't, so I began to fall again. Fortunately, a passing pterodactyl took pity on me, caught me and put me down on the ground softly, I thanked him and asked him what he would like as a reward, to which replied "crumpet please". I was forlorn, as I had no crumpet to give and had foolishly thrown the one I had had away earlier on. By happenstance however, we had landed in the area where I had thrown it away and it was still there on the ground. I picked it up, brushed off most the dirt and gave it to the pterosaur. He thanked me most profusely, explaining that ground crumpet was his favourite kind of food in the whole, wide world. Then the yodelling dog reappeared, as did the wizened old lady, my old legs, the cumulus solicitor and the judge I'd shot (he was only a cloud, bullets can't harm clouds) and even the mechanical dragon was there as well, and they all began to murmur my favourite song out of key, as they too did not fully know the lyrics and everyone lived happily ever after....

...except for the insulting cloud who I punched, because he was a dick, who would later die of being an arsehole.

No comments:

Post a Comment